Northwestern A Divisional Championships
Cabinet View Country Club, Libby
Saturday, October 16, 2010
Boys Team Results
1. Whitefish 40
2. Columbia Falls 50
3. Polson 69
4. Ronan 83
5. Libby 110
Boys Individual Results:
3. Nathan Knox, 12 Whitefish 16:22 (All Conference)
4. Fischer Gangemi, 10 Whitefish 16:25 (All Conference)
9. Jace Kalbfleisch, 10 Whitefish 16:34 (All Conference)
10. Mathias Komarek, 12 Whitefish 16:36 (All Conference)
14. Jeff Heinrichs, 12 Whitefish 17:14
18. Will Holdhusen, 10 Whitefish 17:30
21. Dietrich Perchy, 12 Whitefish 17:52
26. Elias Taylor, 10 Whitefish 17:59
27. Tanner Brock, 9 Whitefish 18:00
28. Spencer Hale, 10 Whitefish 18:04
30. Henry Holt, 9 Whitefish 18:20
40. Thomas Henson, 9 Whitefish 18:45
45. Zach Blumhardt, 10 Whitefish 19:09
48. Waylon Roberts, 10 Whitefish 19:30
59. Jon Jacobs, 10 Whitefish 20:54
63. Jose Sanchez, 12 Whitefish 21:12
65. Hayden Eaton, 9 Whitefish 23:10
66. Kristian Stipe, 11 Whitefish 23:13
68. Brennen Cain, 12 Whitefish 25:54
Girls Team Results:
1. Whitefish 24
2. Polson 34
3. Columbia Falls 68
4. Ronan 103
5. Libby no score
1. Jessica Sagen, 12 Whitefish 18:08 (All Conference)
* WHS School Record (old record 18:33 Bailey Eaton 2009)
4. Carly Schwickert, 12 Whitefish 18:44 (All Conference)
5. Bailey Eaton, 12 Whitefish 19:09 (All Conference)
6. Stella Holt, 12 Whitefish 19:18 (All Conference)
8. Jackie Cassidy, 12 Whitefish 19:39 (All Conference)
16. Anne Gustenhoff, 12 Whitefish 21:24
20. Maya Gordon, 9 Whitefish 21:44
21. Emma Marchetti, 10 Whitefish 21:47
38. Samantha Eason, 10 Whitefish 24:13
42. Nicole Birk, 11 Whitefish 24:28
46. Laura Turco, 12 Whitefish 26:26
49. Taylor Bodway, 9 Whitefish 26:44
51. Lilly Birk, 9 Whitefish 27:34
52. Justine Dugdale, 11 Whitefish 28:23
The Whitefish Cross Country teams had a very successful competition this past weekend at the Northwestern A Championship meet held at the Cabinet View Country Club in Libby. The Bulldog Boys team won the Conference Championship, while the Lady Bulldog Team won their fifth straight Conference title.
The boys were led by Nathan Knox and Fischer Gangemi. They finished in 3rd and 4th positions with personal best times of 16:22 and 16:25, respectively. Also finishing in the top ten were Jace Kalbfleisch in 9th (19:34) and Mathias Komarek in 10th (19:36). These four runners earned All Conference Honors for their finishes.
Jeffrey Heinrichs (14th), Will Holdhusen (18th) and Dietrich Perchy (21st) rounded out the team finishes for the Bulldog boys. All three finished with personal best times for the 3 miles race distance.
"This boys team has come a long way in a short time. It's amazing to think of what they have accomplished so far this season. I don't think that many people gave them much of a chance to win our conference meet at the beginning of the season. We've had a ton of improvement by the whole team from runner number 1 to runner number 22."
"It will be interesting to see what they can accomplish at the State meet. There are great teams in Class A this season. Corvallis looks fantastic, as does Belgrade. I also wouldn't count out Columbia Falls. They've been tough all season. I'd say that there are six or seven teams that could place in the top three at Sate. We happen to be one of them. We've placed third at state in 2006 and in 2007. I know that our boys would love to keep up with the level of success that they have had so far this season."
"Elias Taylor and Tanner Brock will be traveling with the team as state alternates. These two young runners have done a great job this season, and have earned their positions to step up in case of an illness or injury to one of the top seven."
The Lady Bulldog team was led by individual champion, Jessica Sagen. She ran a time of 18:08 to win the race with a new school record time. Carly Schwicket finished fourth in a personal best time of 18:44, while Bailey Eaton (5th in 19:09), Stella Holt (6th in 19:18) and Jackie Cassidy (8th in 19:39) were all named to the All Conference team with their top ten finishes.
It was the fourth straight year that Bailey Eaton has received All Conference honors, while it was the third time for Teammates Stella Holt and Jessica Sagen. Carly and Jackie have both earned the honor twice.
Anne Gustenhoff (16th), Maya Gordon (19th) and Emma Marchetti (20th) all had great races, as well.
"There were a lot of great runners at this meet. Polson did a great job, and they are loaded with great runners. I thought that our young ladies did a great job of defending their conference title. Jessica was amazing. We've had quite a few great runners in recent years, and she gave us an indication with this performance that she's at a whole new level. Carly had a great race, as well. Running in the 18's for 3 miles is quite an accomplishment. I'm extremely happy for both of them. We had a very good day."
"We take an extremely experienced team to Helena for the State meet coming up on Saturday. This will be Bailey's fourth State meet. Jess, Carly, Jackie and Stella have all run in three. These five seniors are all ready to go out with as much fanfare as they can deliver. The nice thing for our team is that they just need to run as they have all season, and they will be in a very good position. I really like the fact that they all have a lot of confidence right now."
"Anne Gustenhoff and Emma Marchetti will be competing at state for the first time, while Maya Gordon and Samantha Eason will accompany the team as alternates in case one of the top seven in unable to compete."